Saturday, July 28, 2012

"All Hail The Queen"

In my last post "In The Lab with D. Hayes" you got the chance to check out my "Armadillo" jacket, with futuristic elements but not taking it to far that it's not sellable. I always try to find a happy medium between "couture" and "commercial" when designing.

For this garment I took inspiration from the Victorian era. I knew without a doubt that I wanted a oversized, very dramatic skirt and TULLE TULLE and more TULLE! Lol I also decided to use upholstery fabric for the skirt and the bottom I used Tule and Chiffon on the bottom to give it a very whimsical feel, very Alice in Wonderland.

Another IDEA came to mind...what about pairing this very soft couture piece with a more edgy piece to create a contrast. So I paired the skirt up with the "Armadillo" jacket...I think that it will be a haute combo for an editorial shoot. WDYT fashion jury? Haute or Not

No comments:

Post a Comment