Monday, July 16, 2012

84 IMAGES SHOOT W/LOCAL TALENT

My second styling adventure with Design Lab Inc occurred one hot ass weekend at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  Kise and I had just recently bonded over fashion and style, the greatness of Beyonce and extra-ness as a lifestyle, so when he asked me to accompany him for an epic shoot featuring a slew of upcoming Cleveland photogs, stylists, models and designers I was like "Heck yeah I'll tag along!"
Ummm yeah... it ended up not being like that at all- we (Kise and I) arrived like 45 hrs before everybody else and were hot, sweaty and irritated (or ahem just maybe me), several key people canceled, we switched locations, it got dark on us aaaaand the shoot lasted almost until midnight... But despite all of that we had a lot of fun, I discovered the wonderful virtues of Instagram and made connections with a bunch of talented creatives. Here are some behind the scenes photos from that day and a few edited pics from Char (84 Images).  See more of her work here: 84 Images Photography

Designer/model Kole Steele stepped in and modeled this Cloud 9 Boutique tunic dress when our original model canceled on us.  She  is also a Cleveland based designer and you can see her work on Instagram @trampboutique.

Thanks to these two ladies the night was not a complete bust.  They stepped in for the  model of the day.  The blue and gold outfit looks like a dress but is actually a one shoulder top and a high low hem bubble skirt by D. Hayes.
Kise did a really great job at directing and posing this young lady who had never modeled before.  He can meet 232 people all at once and remember everybody's name like five minutes later correct pronounciation and spelling included lol.
Designer D.Hayes showed up later on set and helped fit his designs to our make shift model.  We turned the lakefront into our very own styling/photography studio lol.
Here is an edited 84 Images photo by Char.
 Tunic  (might be) available at Cloud 9 Boutique.

Attitude here, there and everywhere!

I really liked this one and I loved how the necklace laid  against her shirt.   These are three seperate pieces btw: a cropped vest, a sleeveless shirt and a high-waist silky maxi skirt with a slit.  Very sexy D. Hayes!

I met so many cool people on this one shoot and I wouldn't mind doing something like this again (errr- in a more organized fashion that is).  I think it would be great to get a handful of Cleveland designers, photogs, mu artists, hairstylists, models and stylists together and see what happens... maybe one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment