Monday, July 16, 2012

N-O-S-T-A-L-G-I-A

Nostalgia is a defined as being a wistful or excessively sentimental return to some point in ones past and that is the EXACT feeling that I felt at this year's Annual Waterloo Arts Festival, as I returned as a vendor (pop-up boutique) in one of many tents that lined the street versus a merchant owner on the block.



The Waterloo Arts District was where I decided to open my very first business, CLOUD 9 Boutique that I have since then relocated to the West side of town from this East side location in the midst of being revitalized. Despite me leaving the area, I have never forgot my very....I mean VERY HUMBLE beginnings.

I will never forget the mixture of people that I would meet on a daily, the friendly merchants who are fighting hard and believe in the Waterloo Arts District and it's potential, who welcomed me in to the neighborhood with open arms, the 1st Annual "Fashion Goes Pink" Charity Fashion show that we had at Arts Collinwood.

I could go on and on about my experience while on Waterloo but what I hold dear, is what I learned as a businessman that I know will only help me to grow my business. Any who here are some pics from the festival, an AWESOME event that celebrates community and art.

                   
                     Waterloo was lined with various vendors with all types of hand crafted goodies

                                 BIG BLUE creatures walked the streets adding to awesome festival

                              
                                    Artist created beautiful pieces of artwork right before the onlookers


 Lata Fashion goons and goonets.
 "In Fashion we LOVE and TRUST" DH




No comments:

Post a Comment